Re: Current standards/criteria for 'Undefined Behavior'

On Fri, 2017-07-07 at 18:49 +0000, Coffin, Chris wrote:
> One worry in going this route would be that we'd never actually make
> any decisions on the Board calls and the value of them could be
> greatly diminished.

I understand and applaud the drive to get things done and decided.

On the other hand, for some decisions, more time to think things
through and leverage the input of the entire board would be wise.
Board calls are the perfect place to make decisions too minor, or
irrelevant to the board's interests, for the entire board to get
involved, for efficiency's sake.  I think it's a judgment call to
decide which decisions can be done on the calls.  However, CVE
assignment policy decisions are of interest to the entire board.  My
point is that splitting the difference in the middle, and having some
categories of decisions flagged for mailing list discussions, may be
close to optimal.

Pascal

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: July 10, 2017