Re: what text is being sent to researchers re: OSS assignments?

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016, Landfield, Kent B wrote:

: Couple points of reference....
:
: https://cve.mitre.org/cve/data_sources_product_coverage.html#products
: https://cve.mitre.org/cve/cna.html

Yes, this is basically my point. The wording of the blog I quoted
suggests
that the text MITRE is sending may not jibe with "check these links
first". It sounds like he was told "anything OSS go to DWF". Thus my
question for clarification.

: On 12/19/16, 8:13 AM, "owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
on behalf of Landfield, Kent B"
<owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org on behalf of
kent.b.landfield@intel.com> wrote:
:
:     Can we please post this to the appropriate place? If you have an
: issue with this decision that the Board actively discussed, please as
: the question there.  There is no reason to cross-post every message
: both lists.  This was a swim lane issue discussed by the Board and
also
: discussed at the face-to-face meeting we had in Rockville, MD in
: November.

Not questioning the decision, questioning how this was implemented in
the
context of CVE consumers requesting an ID. To me this is a Board issue
and
impacts the CNA, so I posted to both lists.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: December 19, 2016