Re: what text is being sent to researchers re: OSS assignments?

Can we please post this to the appropriate place? If you have an issue
with this decision that the Board actively discussed, please as the
question there.  There is no reason to cross-post every message to both
lists.  This was a swim lane issue discussed by the Board and also
discussed at the face-to-face meeting we had in Rockville, MD in
November.

---
Kent Landfield
+1.817.637.8026

On 12/18/16, 8:44 PM, "owner-cve-cna-list@lists.mitre.org on behalf of
jericho" <owner-cve-cna-list@lists.mitre.org on behalf of
jericho@attrition.org> wrote:

    Reference:

https://www.stevencampbell.info/2016/12/my-first-cve-2016-1000329-in-blogphp/

        I submitted my CVE request through Mitre who notified me that
open
        source software CVE requests are now processed via the
Distributed
        Weakness Filing before being sent to Mitre for inclusion in
their
        database.

    This creates an obvious disconnect and potentially duplicate
assignments
    and confusion, if researchers are being told to go to DWF for *all*
OSS
    assignments. For example, Apache is a CNA and has many OSS
projects, but
    vulnerabilities in their software should go to them, not DWF. Could
MITRE
    share the text that is being sent out currently?

    .b

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: December 19, 2016