From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org on behalf of "Millar, Thomas" <Thomas.Millar@hq.dhs.gov>
Date: Mon, November 06, 2017 5:00 PM -0500
To: jericho <jericho@attrition.org>, "Coffin, Chris" <ccoffin@mitre.org>
CC: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: RE: New CNA - Booz Allen Hamilton

The big NIST contract with BAH ended some years ago, iirc.

Grep for "booz" through the CERT KB turns up one mention, a possible heap overflow due to an upstream product. Nothing in NVD.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url="">

Looking through job listings they do hire a ton of pen testers so I'd presume they want to be able to assign for vulnerabilities they find in the course of gigs. However, stating "we can even assign a CVE to anything we find" - as a feature of their service offerings - might be problematic.

All that said, I personally tend to agree with Kurt. At this point in time, I would not expect to see the rate of new CNAs plateau - and I would prefer to run into these issues now, and learn and adapt from them more quickly, than drag this painful transformation out and risk losing momentum.