From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
[mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of
jericho
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 16:46
To: Coffin, Chris <ccoffin@mitre.org>
Cc: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: RE: New CNA - Booz Allen Hamilton

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017, Coffin, Chris wrote:

: In this case, BAH was interested and was willing to participate in the
: program as a CNA for their own products. They are also willing to fill
: the gaps where other CNAs do not provide coverage. Our understanding
: from the discussion was that this CNA falls into the category of a
large
: and established organization that should be part of the CVE program,
: especially if they are reaching out to us to participate. It was the
: smaller research organizations that were the issue, right?

In the interest of transparency, and because I don't know if this
represents a conflict or not, or is tangentially related... but could
NIST/NVD clarify BAH's current role in the NVD process?

For those not aware, for several years NIST would out-source the NVD
meta-data generation (e.g. CPE, CVSS scoring) to junior BAH
consultants. I don't know how long that went on, if it is still does,
or if they changed vendors over the year.

I had asked both MITRE and NVD many years back about their involvement
in the context of "when they find an error in a CVE, who do they report
to"
and I don't recall getting a real answer other than what in my memory
was bureaucratic speak for "don't worry, it's handled".

.b

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: November 07, 2017