Re: Multiple votes from Bill Wall

While I realize that changing the rules during a vote is irregular, the original rule to me seemed to be without any purpose. If it had a purpose, it seems that a misunderstanding of the ballot should be a stronger purpose than whatever original purpose there was.

I can understand the purpose if you have >1 vote from different individuals in an org. Then the rule avoids having to litigate who is the legitimate rep for that org. But in the case of a misunderstanding, it seems an unnecessary restriction.

Maybe in the end, it will not matter, but if option B wins by 1 vote, based on a misunderstanding, I think the board will have to revisit the decision.

Just my thoughts.

Andy

On May 16, 2013, at 2:54 PM, "Christey, Steven M." <coley@mitre.org> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Today you sent two separate ballots to the Board list.  Your first ballot, which was valid, seemed to prefer Option B, but then 2 hours later, you sent a DIFFERENT ballot that switched to Option A, and you changed your reasons.
>
> According to the voting rules, the first valid vote from a Board member is used and cannot be reversed:
>
> 	8. No changes to a vote will be accepted; no reclama.
>
> While these rules are pretty clear, it would be useful to be clear about what your real intention was, and why the switch occurred.
>
> Thank you,
> Steve

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014