From: "Andy Balinsky (balinsky)" <balinsky@cisco.com>
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:44 PM
To: "Christey, Steven M." <coley@mitre.org>
Cc: "Wall, William (wwall)" <wwall@harris.com>, cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: Multiple votes from Bill Wall

While I realize that changing the rules during a vote is irregular, the original rule to me seemed to be without any purpose. If it had a purpose, it seems that a misunderstanding of the ballot should be a stronger purpose than whatever original purpose there was.

I can understand the purpose if you have >1 vote from different individuals in an org. Then the rule avoids having to litigate who is the legitimate rep for that org. But in the case of a misunderstanding, it seems an unnecessary restriction.

Maybe in the end, it will not matter, but if option B wins by 1 vote, based on a misunderstanding, I think the board will have to revisit the decision.

Just my thoughts.

Andy