Re: Juniper to be added to the official list of CNAs

On 2016-04-23 02:56, Carsten Eiram wrote:

>     Per Kurt Seifried's good suggestion this morning, we're happy to
>     move to the private Board list to poll the Board on decisions like
>     these in the future.

> When initially reading about it, I planned to send an email today
> criticizing the decision to do votes on board calls. I'm, therefore,
> glad to now read that MITRE already recognized that voting on the
> calls
> is sub optimal and is refraining from this going forward.

Yes, if votes count, we need a written ballot, voting deadlines, and
electronic/written tallies.  Or if votes happen on a call, voters need
the ballot in advance.  Might need more rules like quorum and proxy.

I do believe that the board is editorial/advisory only.  For example, if
the board votes 9-1 against a new CNA, can MITRE just approve the CNA
anyway?  I'm not suggesting MITRE would just ignore board input
(especially a 9-1 opinion), but before we go to the effort of setting up
voting rules, I'd like to be clear what power board votes actually have.

 - Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: April 26, 2016