Re: Juniper to be added to the official list of CNAs

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures <cve@mitre.org> wrote:

Per Kurt Seifried's good suggestion this morning, we're happy to move to the private Board list to poll the Board on decisions like these in the future.

When initially reading about it, I planned to send an email today criticizing the decision to do votes on board calls. I'm, therefore, glad to now read that MITRE already recognized that voting on the calls is sub optimal and is refraining from this going forward.

It is unlikely that all board members will be present on a call for various reasons. This makes voting on the private list more appropriate to give everyone time to vote and provide feedback. As Kurt also mentions, timezones are another factor. Some of us are in quite different timezones (myself is GMT+1), which makes it more challenging to attend board calls. Voting on calls would, therefore, make it much harder for current and future board members in EMEA and APAC to have any influence on decisions made.

/Carsten

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: April 25, 2016