Any problems posting to this list? please respond

All,

Please respond if you see this message.  We might be experiencing some technical difficulties with delivery to the Board list.

1. Starting Friday August 28, has anybody received posts to this list from Brian Martin (Jericho) and Kent Landfield?  Kent, did you see Brian’s posts?  Brian, did you see Kent’s post?

2. Did anybody receive this message?

I’d especially like to hear from non-MITRE people.

Context: two Board members have recently told us that they did not receive copies of recent posts that they authored.

We received a private inquiry from one member, Kent Landfield of Intel, who posted to the list at approximately 1:59 PM on Friday (Eastern).  I saw this post .  However, there is a chance that Kent did not receive a copy of his post due to the e-mail address changes associated with the McAfee/Intel transition.

Another Board member, Jericho (Brian Martin of Tenable), made at least three posts to this list recently – two at approximately 1:53 and 2:08 AM (Eastern) Saturday, and another at 2:16 AM Sunday, according to my inbox.  I also saw these posts.

However, it is clear that Brian did not receive copies of his own posts, as evidenced by the following tweet that Brian made to his 15,000+ followers: “Dear security industry. Please ask MITRE why my latest post to the CVE editorial board hasn't been approved, 24 hours later. Thanks!”

Brian’s implication seems very clear, namely, that MITRE would prevent his posts from being sent to the Board list and/or being archived.

As long as I have been the primary person responsible for configuration of the CVE Editorial Board list, beginning in spring 1999, I have always given Board members unmoderated/unlimited posting privileges to this list.  Any implication that I would intentionally moderate this list or restrict posts to Board members is incorrect.

My strong suspicion is that there is a technical problem somewhere, thus this inquiry to see if anybody received the messages.

Thanks,

Steve

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: September 01, 2015