Re: Information-technology Promotion Agency (JP) using several example CVEs (fwd)

Agreed, whether we like it not, it'll happen. So In general:

CVE-YEAR-1000
CVE-YEAR-10000
CVE-YEAR-100000
CVE-YEAR-1000000
CVE-YEAR-1234
CVE-YEAR-12345
CVE-YEAR-123456
CVE-YEAR-1234567

RESERVED FOR EXAMPLES (ala example.org).

And then we had discussed using CVE-YEAR-900000 through CVE-YEAR-999999 for testing (e.g. if you see these in the wild it's a test and you can ignore them, unless you're part of the test and want to do whatever with them).

And that should cover pretty much all the usual cases.