RE: On the topic of MITRE/Board transparency

Thanks, Tom.  I appreciate the background info, and explanation about the nature of the inquiry.  Most concerns are allayed now.

Regards,

kw

From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org [mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of Millar, Thomas
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:14 PM
To: Scott Lawler <scott.lawler@lp3.com>; cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: RE: On the topic of MITRE/Board transparency

This is the same committee we talked to last spring after DWF and CVE started making the news, and they are being diligent and following up to learn more about how we, and MITRE, manage the CVE program.

I believe MITRE's response has already been sent to the Committee. It is now the Committee's decision whether to release that to the public.

DHS is still preparing our response, which is quite comprehensive. To the due date for the responses - this is not a subpoena or an investigation, these are questions. Energy & Commerce Committee does not have oversight responsibilities for Homeland Security, so this is a respectful request for information about a program they deem important for the health of the economy.