RE: On the topic of MITRE/Board transparency

Brian,

Congress sent an inquiry to both MITRE and DHS regarding CVE. This
request is a matter of public record. We assume the responses from both
MITRE and DHS will also be a matter of public record. MITRE has not yet
transmitted its response to Congress. Once the response is transmitted,
should Congress make it public, all members of the general public will
be able to review it, including any member of the Board.

More importantly, MITRE looks forward to working with our colleagues to
sustain the tremendous progress the program has made over the past 15
months: implementing a federated program structure including a new
governance and operational model; building upon and improving the CNA
rules and implementation of them; recruitment of new CNAs; improving
CVE-in-a-Box artifacts; improving data exchange; expanding
internationally; and continuing bimonthly collaborative sessions and
working groups with our Board colleagues, the CNAs, and the greater CVE
community.

Thank you for your ongoing feedback and please keep providing it.

Regards,

The CVE Team