Re: Notice of Pilot Activity in CVE Auto WG

On 5/9/17 2:27 PM, Waltermire, David A. (Fed) wrote:

> I’d like to see the following occur before moving forward with this pilot:
>
> 1) Discussion of the GIT approach on the CNA list to explore if there
> are major concerns with its use before moving forward.

I'm OK running the GIT pilot more or less now, I'd suggest we discuss
after we have some actual experience.  Dave raises some valid issues,
but I'm of the mind to try GIT and see how it works.

> 2) Discussion within the automation WG / board lists about alternate
> approaches that may be piloted as well. These should also be discussed
> on the CNA list before moving forward with a pilot.

I never assumed we would only run one pilot (GIT) or even one at a time
(depending on resources).  I'd also like to design and test a
publish/pull model, which may or may not be what Dave is calling
syndication.

 - Art