Re: CNA requirements

belated...

On Tue, 17 May 2016, Adinolfi, Daniel R wrote:

: Regarding the specific question concerning points of contact, I
address it a bit in the draft CNA roster document:
:
:
http://cveproject.github.io/docs/cna/DRAFT%20-%20Review%20and%20Update%20of%20CNA%20Roster.docx
:
: Periodically, each CNA will update their public, primary, and
alternate
: contact points. The primary and alternate contacts should be
: individuals, whereas the public should probably be a mail alias that
: sends messages to queues or multiple individuals. This gives us a way
: get into the generic email queue and also reach past that queue to
get
: to the real people behind it.
:
: For projects where there is not a generic queue and contact is only
with
: individuals, we could still request multiple contacts and keep that
list
: updated periodically. If there is only one individual, if that person
: falls off the face of the Earth and they don?t give you an alternate
or
: replacement, they should be disqualified from being a CNA. Providing
: active points of contact should be a requirement for being a CNA, I
: believe.

If the org is giving us a single person, yes. This is spot on.

If the PoC is a an alias that goes to many people, no.

Also, pretty sure I brought this up in previous threads, but I will say
it
again. Before we require CNAs to periodically do anything, MITRE
absolutely MUST periodically send out current CNA guidelines. MITRE
must
absolutely periodically call out the CNAs failing to assign per the
guidelines, which is happening more and more. I'm getting really tired
of
policing the CNAs, and I only send mails maybe 1 out of 50 times that I
see them breaking policy. Yes, it's that bad.