Re: CVE ID Syntax change - Round two vote results and comments

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Boyle, Stephen V. <sboyle@mitre.org> wrote:

-----Original Message-----

From: Boyle, Stephen V.
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:27 PM
To: Boyle, Stephen V.
Subject: CVE ID Syntax change - Round two vote results and comments

- Issuance strategies for revised ID syntax identifiers

The question we would like to put to the Board is: “Would a more complete

discussion of issuance strategies prior to the voting period have affected

the way you voted?”

No.

- 8 digit fixed ID field length of the revised Option A

As noted above, we want to make sure that the permanent selection of the

revised CVE ID Syntax is in accordance with the Board’s consensus opinion.

To that end, we want to hear from the Board members, particularly those with

concerns about the revised Option A. Most important is the question of whether

you would have voted differently if Option A was 7 digits, specifically, or

if you would have voted differently given some other number of fixed digits in

the ID field you would have deemed desirable.

Voted differently for 6 digits and would very likely have voted differently for 7 digits.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014