RE: We Need a Revote with a different Option A! Was RE: CVE IDSyntax Change - Second Round Voting Ballot (Deadline Wednesday, May 22,2013, 11:59 PM EDT)

Maybe it would help if we had a compilation from all voting board members, from both 1st and 2nd round of voting, of reasons they gave for and against fixed-6 and fixed-8.

From: Christey, Steven M. [coley@mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 8:46 AM
To: Williams, James K; cve-editorial-board-list
Cc: Christey, Steven M.
Subject: RE: We Need a Revote with a different Option A!  Was RE: CVE ID Syntax Change - Second Round Voting Ballot (Deadline Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT)

Ken,

Your recommendation for 6 digits is the same as the original Option A, which as we know was tied with Option B.   In addition, during the last discussion period, several people said that they preferred 9 digits or more.  Can you clarify your recommendation?

Thanks,
Steve

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014