CVE ID Vote

VOTING BALLOT

Enter your votes as specified in the preceding "Instructions" and
"Filling out the ballot" sections.

FIRST CHOICE: Option B

REASONS (first choice):

It's backwards compatible due to the requirement there be at least 4 digits, and it's not a fixed size, so its length is neither too large or too small.

SECOND CHOICE: Option A

REASONS (second choice):

The fixed size, especially of size 8, seems to me to be either overkill (will we ever hit that many?) or underkill (if we do, this scheme breaks down). I'd prefer to avoid assumptions about number of CVE numbers. Also, it is (slightly) less human readable than Option B.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014