From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
[mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of
Theall, George A
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 7:51 AM
To: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Cc: cve-board-auto-list <cve-board-auto-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Notice of Pilot Activity in CVE Auto WG - Supporting NVD's
Participation

To support NVD's participation in the git pilot, MITRE proposes to add
one or two attributes to reference objects in the CVE JSON files in the
cvelist repo, which will allow NIST to regenerate the CVE List from the
repo rather than having to rely on an older download file
(allitems.xml). Specifically, we propose to add the following
attributes :

- "source", which represents the source of the reference. It will have
one of the values listed at https://cve.mitre.org/data/refs/#sources;
eg, "CERT-VN", "CISCO", "CONFIRM", "REDHAT", etc.

- "name", which is a string that helps identify the reference among
others in the same source; eg, "VU#584653" (for CERT-CC), "20180104 CPU
Side-Channel Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities" (for "CISCO")
"RHSA-2018:0292" (for "REDHAT"), etc. Note that, while MITRE uses the
reference URL as the name for the "CONFIRM" and "MISC" sources in the
CVE List, we plan to omit this attribute for those two sources.

If there are objections from anyone on the Board list, please let us
know and we will discuss in the next call. Otherwise, we will proceed
with the change and implement early next week

George

--

gtheall@mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: March 30, 2018