ISBN parallels

Folks,

We've mentioned the ISBN system as being something similar to the Federated CVE ID system we continue to develop. This document, the ISBN Users' Manual, is the basic guide for the ISBN program. It describes their model at a high level and sets expectations for international administration, ISBN registration agencies, and publisher administration. See section 9 especially.

<https://www.isbn-international.org/sites/default/files/ISBN%20Manual%202012%20-corr.pdf>

There are many parallels between their structure and ours. I encourage you to review the Manual just as some additional background as we further develop CVE Federation.

Thanks.

-Dan

Daniel Adinolfi, CISSP

Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, The MITRE Corporation

CVE Numbering Authority (CNA) Coordinator

Email: <dadinolfi@mitre.org>  Phone: 781-271-5774

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: September 29, 2017