From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org [mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of Millar, Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:35 AM
To: Andy Balinsky (balinsky) <balinsky@cisco.com>; kseifried@redhat.com
Cc: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: RE: CVE For Services

Thoughts:

Vulnerabilities-in-a-Service (ViaS) might be CVE worthy if:

1. They can and should be scanned or audited for
2. The user of the service can take a discrete action to remove the vulnerability, or to have it removed
3. The same ViaS is available from (exploitable in) multiple SPs, possibly including multiple LoBs in the same company
4. Plus whatever we said 6 months ago; I'm in transit so the archives are not readily accessible

Tom Millar, US-CERT

Sent from +1-202-631-1915
https://www.us-cert.gov