From:
<owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org<mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>>
 on behalf of "Sain, Joe" <jas@mitre.org<mailto:jas@mitre.org>>
Date: Friday, March 18, 2016 at 9:50 AM
To: cve-editorial-board-list
<cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org<mailto:cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>>
Subject: CVE Pilot Approach

Yesterday, we described to you a plan to test a pilot approach that
addresses the rapid-response security researcher use case. A number of
concerns with the proposed syntax were raised, and we heard them
clearly. As a result of your feedback, we will not move forward with a
public announcement of the pilot plan, which we are putting on
indefinite hold.

The pilot described yesterday was designed to run in parallel and to be
completely separate from the production CVE stream, but we certainly
understand the importance of not perturbing any operating aspect of
CVE. Our goal is to be responsive to the critical need for the
no-description use case, but we must also ensure that we have the
correct operating model.

We would like to hold an Editorial Board meeting next week to discuss
approaches to addressing the security researcher use case as well as
any other issues or concerns that the Board may have. We want to be
certain that every Board member has the opportunity to voice their
opinions, concerns, and ideas. An agenda will be forthcoming.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and we are looking forward to
developing an operating model that enables CVE to move forward and that
preserves the foundational work that the community has put into the
effort.

Regards,

Joe Sain
CVE Communications and Adoption Lead
The MITRE Corporation

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: March 22, 2016