Re: CVE ID Syntax - Seeking Suggestions for Outreach

It makes me queasy, too. Another part of me says if it were done,
then when it were done, twere best it was done quickly, and perhaps
(noting Steve's mail), it would be best to announce a date when we
plan to break things.

As I think about the year, I can hope that security people will be
busy migrating away from XP in the near future, and expect they'll be
busy with Blackhat-related announcements at the start of August.  So a
soon date might be July, and a far date might be September.  The later
we push, the higher the liklihood that we're planning to scramble.

Adam