Re: CVE ID syntax down-select complete - Public Feedback to begin

I don't see this as in any way a competitive situation...  We are trying to make the best decision for the CVE and the industry moving forward...  Anyone can see my and mcafee's responses. I don't care. McAfee does not care.

I really don't see how a format could be competitive when we are talking about industry collaboration and identification of vulnerabilities...

Kent

On Jan 18, 2013, at 5:58 PM, "Christey, Steven M." <coley@mitre.org> wrote:

> (removed the cve-assign email from the CC - the entire team can follow this list.)
>
> It might be feasible to package up the raw responses we get on a periodic basis, and change the announcement to emphasize that responses would be seen by MITRE as well as Editorial Board members.
>
> However, since some of the people providing feedback would be competitors of Board members, that might actually discourage important participants from sharing honest opinions for fear that their competitors will hear it.
>
> - Steve

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014