[BOARD] Agenda for Editorial Board Meeting at AXENT

All,

If you will be attending the Editorial Board meeting at AXENT, please
confirm with me and Craig Ozancin (cozancin@axent.com).

Below is an agenda for the Board meeting on March 9-10.  As in the
past, we will set up a teleconferencing capability for other Board
members to participate.  We will also set up a time slot where both
Dave Mann and Scott Blake will be available to answer any questions or
concerns related to Dave's move to BindView.

Let me know if there is something you wish to discuss that is not on
the agenda.

There are many significant issues that need to be addressed.  I
believe that this will be one of the most important Board meetings in
the CVE Initiative's early life, and a primary factor in determining
how well the next stage of CVE is executed.  Therefore I encourage
everyone to participate.

For Friday, I've slated a lot of time to talk about various content
decisions and related candidates.  I believe that it is important for
these to be discussed and resolved soon, as these CD's are preventing
several hundred candidates from becoming official entries.
Face-to-face discussions may better help us to explore the intricacies
of the issues.

- Steve

SUMMARY
-------

Day 1 - 10 AM to 5 PM Central Time

1) Welcome - Rob Clyde

2) Introduction to new Board members

3) Candidates
   - update on content, trends, usage

4) Voting issues
   - voting support, impact of "live" candidates, public/private
     records, voting "requirements"

12:00 - 1:00 PM - Lunch Break

3) CVE-based analyses
   - past, present and future analyses enabled by CVE
   - implications for those being analyzed, role of MITRE in
     conducting and fostering analysis, publication of results

4) Board membership
   - David Mann's move to BindView
   - representation issues (individual/corporate, # members per
     company, voting, etc.)

2:30 - 2:45 PM - Break

5) Other Board business
   - access to Board members for non-CVE activities, working groups,
     status on MITRE's funding of CVE

6) CVE Compatibility issues
   - status update, guidelines, implementation challenges, use of
     compatibility term, role of candidates

5 PM - catered reception at AXENT; chat with other AXENT personnel

Day 2 - 10 AM to 4 PM
---------------------

1) New goals for the Board
   - numbers of entries and candidates, CD's, achieving compatibility

2) Content Decisions
   - status, detailed discussion, and examples
   - actual votes to take place on CD's?

12:00 PM - 12:30 PM - lunch

3) Review and voting for active candidates
   - related to discussed CD's

2:30 PM - Break

2:45 PM - Continue content decisions/candidate review