RE: Rootkit RE: [PROPOSAL] DDOS - Distributed DoS (1 candidate)

Excellent response, Pascal, thanks.  I hadn't thought of people
volunteering, but that's certainly a plausible scenario.  Part of my
motivation/thinking was a desire to stay away from making this into only
yet another use for spoofed IP packets.  I wholeheartedly agree that
egress filtering essential, but am reluctant to single out the recent DDoS
events as the reason for it.

I'd prefer to split out egress filtering as a seperate CVE entry (on the
theory that not using egress filtering constitutes an exposure -- at least
to liability), rather than tying it to these entries.

-----
Scott Blake                                   blake@bos.bindview.com
Security Program Manager                        +1-508-485-7737 x218
BindView Corporation                           Cell: +1-508-353-0269