RE: [BOARD] PGP Preferences

Steve-

I'd encourage you to use PGP 6.5.2 and have old 2.6.2 users upgrade to
6.5.2.  PGP 6.5.2 supports both RSA and Diffie Hellman keys and as you said
is backward compatible with all PGP versions including 2.6.2.  It integrates
seamlessly into all the popular Windows and Macintosh mail packages
(Outlook, Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise, etc.).  There are also command line
versions available for Unix.  It's much easier to use than the older
versions.  PGP 2.6.2 is antique in Internet terms.  It is not even an NAI
product.  It was developed by Phil Zimmermann, etc. before PGP Inc. or
Viacrypt existed.  It is licensed only for free, non-commercial use.  It
also contains RSAREF, a MIT-developed freeware implemention of RSA that is
also specifically licensed only for non-commercial use.

-DB

David M. Balenson, Manager, Technical Outreach and Special Projects
NAI Labs, The Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc.
3060 Washington Road, Glenwood, MD 21738  USA
david_balenson@nai.com; 443_259.2358; fax 301_854.4731