Re: Some SWID Tag Resources

Thanks Dave.  I incorporated it into the Vulnerability related
standards and efforts doc.

Thank you, Gracias, Grazie,  谢谢, Merci!, Спасибо!, Danke!, ありがとう,
धन्यवाद!

--
Kent Landfield
+1.817.637.8026

On 12/14/17, 9:21 AM, "owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org
on behalf of Waltermire, David A. (Fed)"
<owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org on behalf of
david.waltermire@nist.gov> wrote:

    Here are some software identification (SWID) tag resources:

    - Some general resources: https://scap.nist.gov/specifications/swid/

    - NISTIR 8060 provides an overview of the capabilities and usage of
SWID tags. It also provides requirements for SWID tags that enable
various cybersecurity use cases.

    http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/ir/2016/NIST.IR.8060.pdf

    - There is the CoSWID draft nearing completion in the IETF which
defines an alternate serialization to the SWID tag XML format to
support devices that may require a smaller tag footprint.

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-coswid/

    - NIST has produced a Java-based command-line SWID tag validator
based on NISTIR 8060 and ISO/IEC 19770-2:2015. This tool can also be
invoked by API. I plan to open source the tool and the Decima library
which provides the validation functionality.

    https://scap.nist.gov/specifications/swid/ (under "SWID Tag
Validation Tool")

    Regards,
    Dave

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: December 22, 2017