RE: dispute resolution

Art,

> Continue with the current assignment rules and CNA expansion (and
> expanding the git/github pilot).
> The rest of the CVE downstream ecosystem can keep right on moving.
> Those who want to treat disputed entries differently are free to do
> so.

I like this approach since it lessens the amount of analysis needed up
front in assignment. Once published, the community should be able to
provide some amount of effort in determining whether the vulnerability
should stand or whether it might be a split or merge situation. I think
one key in this is making it simple and straightforward for folks to
dispute something. Maybe create a simple web format that allows quick
and easy reporting. A new state could also be created for these cases,
but my current thinking is that DISPUTE should be sufficient to cover
all of these cases.

> Who has dispute permissions?  Board members, CNAs, anyone?

Once reported, I'd say it's up to some other entity to change the CVE
state and add the dispute information. Currently this is the Primary
CNA, but maybe a role could be defined for this and it could be
performed by others (e.g., Root CNAs).

Chris