From: owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org [mailto:owner-cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org] On Behalf Of Landfield, Kent
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 10:51 AM
To: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: CNA Rules Revision - Final Draft

Dan posted this out a couple months ago.

Due to breaking my leg and being laid up I was not really able to review this, especially using the chunky approach taken for reviewing this document.  This is called a final draft, but from the message below it appears to be the final version as timelines are specified as to when this version will take effect.  I am reviewing this document now and finding issues.  I am also aware of another Board reviewer who is also finding issues in this version.  In addition, there are 50 outstanding items that are “to be considered”.  Who determined why these 50 items would be deferred?

In the future, it would be beneficial if documents such as these are sent to the Board for a final approval as they affect the program as a whole. Also, a clean copy should be sent that has all the changes listed in the document as accepted.

I personally believe this document is in need of work. I propose we delay this version until around the time of the Face to Face summit meeting so the Board has the opportunity to review the ‘proposed final version’ of the CNA Rules in its final form instead of the ‘1 section here, 1 section there’ approach that was taken to develop it. It still needs work if we believe this to be the foundation for CNA interaction going forward. Getting this corrected now will make it easier and better for all.

In any case, documents of this significant should require a Board vote.

Thoughts?

Thank you, Gracias, Grazie,  谢谢, Merci!, Спасибо!, Danke!ありがとうधन्यवाद!

--

Kent Landfield

+1.817.637.8026

kent_landfield@mcafee.com