Re: CVEs with no REF URL (or a REF URL that is self referential)

The only two issues I have with this proposal are:

  1. A great deal of software out there expecting the previously mandatory URL may break.
  2. We would need some sort of formatting or the text would be an incomprehensible blob. That too may break existing software.

We need to address the core problem here of assuring software developers keep up with our potential changes in CVE. We need to figure out how to make this a workable, repeatable process.

--

Kent Landfield

+1.817.637.8026

kent_landfield@mcafee.com