Re: Bastille and Comcast CVE IDs

Another set of assignments in question, most of these seem to imply
that MAC or IP addresses are meant to be secret and that disclosing
them is a vulnerability.

I get the pen-testing aspects/thread through this research.  What I'm
concerned about is distinguishing test/attack/recon activity from
"vulnerabilities that get CVE IDs."

Maybe this is a question about what "Exposures" means?

CVE-2017-9478
https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/blob/master/doc/advisories/bastille-20.emta-reverse-dns.txt

Recon using IP, MAC, and DNS

CVE-2017-9481
https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/blob/master/doc/advisories/bastille-24.atom-ip-routing.txt

Once I get on the device, I can use the route command to do what it is
supposed to and reach another component (the network processor) in the
device.

CVE-2017-9477
https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/blob/master/doc/advisories/bastille-19.wifi-dhcp-cm-mac-leak.txt

MAC address isn't a secret.

CVE-2017-9484
https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/blob/master/doc/advisories/bastille-27.ipv6-cm-mac-leak.txt

MAC address isn't a secret.  Generating a deterministic password from
MAC is probably a vulnerability.

CVE-2017-9483
https://github.com/BastilleResearch/CableTap/blob/master/doc/advisories/bastille-26.arbitrary-command-execution.txt

Duplicate, instance of CVE-2015-6361?

https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-6361

 - Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 02, 2017