From: Kurt Seifried <kurt@seifried.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:31
To: "Adinolfi, Daniel R" <dadinolfi@mitre.org>
Cc: cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: Required information for CVE entry submissions

One note: in order to supply the full description/information needed so that references are not we will need some basic formatting, at an absolute minimum line breaks.

It's hard to find a good example because the distros emails are private, but a spice thing posted to the distros list was forwarded to a public list, and is a good example of a description that would have all the details:

As you can see the quoted email includes code patches, explanation of the issue, etc. Being able to simply drop a CVE into MITRE's database when the embargo lifts and not have to wait for URL's would be advantageous, and as you can see fromt he quoted email above the level of detail is sufficient to understand the issue and even fix it.