RE: Current standards/criteria for 'Undefined Behavior'

Chris,

I am not a fan of your last suggestion. I think we want consensus (the
lack of sustained objection) over agreement. In the rare situation
where consensus cannot be reached on the list, we need to come up with
a way to resolve that. Furthermore, your "final decision" suggestion
creates a mechanism for the board to make a decision by fiat. For
example, if there is no consensus between options A and B, and the
board makes a decision to break the impasse with C on a call, then C
needs to be reviewed by the board on the list, since the impacts of
this decision have not been explored by that larger board.

I would change your statement to:

- If consensus cannot be reached on the list within the allotted
discussion time period, we will discuss and make a decision in the
following Board call taking into account new feedback or comments. If a
new option is chosen on the call, a new discussion period will be
started to provide a means for the board to provide feedback.

Also, I would assume that two weeks starts from the time that minutes
are posted?

Regards,
Dave

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: July 10, 2017