Change in CVE procedure re: board email list vs board phone calls

Changing the subject to make this topic easier to track.

While it looks like the changes proposed are acceptable to those replying so far, I wanted to point out and remind the list of what the board calls look like as far as representation goes.

- Not once has there been 50% board attendance
- The lowest attendance has been ~18%
- On 10 calls (50%), there were more MITRE employees than board members

I bring this up to reiterate that while the calls are certainly helpful as pointed out, they do not represent a majority of the board. So changes in CVE policy really need to be brought to the list for additional discussion (before and/or after the call) as well as potentially voting on an issue if there is conflicting views.

Regardless of what is decided, any policy changes made on list or call must be posted to the list, in their own new thread, with a clear subject. This makes it easy for external parties to find a given policy change, since our decisions may impact the CNAs and the industry.

Brian

(My rough sheet with calculations. Some are a bit off as I don't have
the
 time to go through the list archives to see when someone was added to
the
 board versus the list as seen via archive.org. But these approximate
 numbers serve the purpose.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NX16D5yyATBo-NbeO6bUGhllg7GLayglBFtdUc47lXM/edit?usp=sharing