RE: CVE-2017-7269 and abandonware

> Yes, cases like this should get CVE IDs.  My question was who assigns
> them, so CNA rules/guidance.

Page 5 of the current CNA rules state:
"In cases where requests or issues cannot be resolved by a given CNA,
the issues are escalated to the next higher level CNA."

We may want to provide examples of the kinds of issues that might cause
escalations, but I think this would cover it.

> So the vendor CNA did not issue an ID, then the MITRE CNA did?

Yes.

> Requestor explicitly asks vendor CNA for an ID, vendor explicitly
> says no or does not respond in a reasonable period of time, requestor
> has email evidence to support this exchange?

This sounds reasonable to me, though I figured others might want to
discuss this a bit further.

> And like G.I. Joe says "knowing is half the battle".

Still bummed I never got the aircraft carrier toy as a kid. :-)
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/

Chris