Re: CVE Editorial Board teleconference summary - June 30, 2016

On 2016-07-12 14:05, Landfield, Kent B wrote:

> Do we need arbitrary classification of individuals or companies?
> Intel
> is a Tool Vendor, a Major Manufacturer, a lots of other recognized
> things like Software Vendor.

I'd say no, maintaining the classification is costly and not useful,
unless we are seriously trying to have representation from specific
classes (related to the discussion of Charter sections 1.3.1-4?).

> EWA-Canada last I checked was a testing lab and a whole bunch of other
> things.

CERT/CC really isn't an incident response team anymore.

> Needless to say, this page needs to be redone.  Personally I’d remove
> all the arbitrary headings as they are not accurate.  I would just
> list
> the individuals in alphabetical order and put their affiliation beside
> them.  The focus should be on the individuals, not the company they
> currently work for.

I agree with this.

 - Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: July 20, 2016