Re: CVEs for FinTech

On 2016-05-01 10:15, Scott Lawler wrote:
> I do.   I'll reach out to them to find the right person to talk to.
>
> Something to think about is whether or not CVE should be tracking vuls
> is systems-of-systems (like SWIFT) or do we stay at the lower level of
> operating systems, application software, etc.
>
> There are thousands of larger systems made up of an infinite set of
> vulnerable sub components--with common vuls.
>
> Thoughts?

Can't say I'm read up on the SWFIT attack(s), but I didn't see any
evidence of a vulnerability (technical vulnerability, not
general/dictionary vulnerability).  SWIFT is a protocol?  Are there
security problems with the protocol design?  Implementation defects in
software that implements SWIFT?  Insider + malware?

 - Art