Re: Simplified Draft Counting Paper for CVE Editorial Board Review

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016, Art Manion wrote:

: At a high level, even more tolerance for assignment criteria,
increased
: assignment (by MITRE and/or CNAs) is necessary to keep up with
reality.
:  A direct affect is an increased need for split/merge/reject cleanup.

This is a critical comment, and understated.

All of the proposals do absolutely nothing to address the fundamentl
problem CVE faces. All of the proposed changes are the proverbial
deck-chair arranging on a sinking effort.

It is truly difficult to comprehend how so much time can be spent on
pedantic policy like this while ignoring the bigger problem. I mean, I
am
all for VDB pedantry, and Steve Christey and I had some epic threads
and
conversations along those lines. But this isn't a case where changing
the minutiae of the current policy will fix anything, at all.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: April 07, 2016