RE: Updating the Products and Sources list.

Kent,

All products can fall within MITRE's direct assignment responsibility because participation of an external CNA is not required in the case of a vulnerability that is already public. Also, MITRE sometimes assigns IDs when a CNA chooses not to. For example, some CNAs choose not to assign CVE IDs if they are no longer supporting the product.

-
Jonathan Evans
CVE Content Technical Lead
The MITRE Corporation

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: January 18, 2016