Re: Please welcome Kurt CVE to the CVE Editorial Board

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015, Boyle, Stephen V. wrote:

: Kurt [..] has assigned 4,760 CVEs to date while at Red Hat.

Kind of surprised this number is so low honestly.

But, anyone on the board who works at a CNA, consider this please. He's
handing out assignments on oss-sec, which in 2015, is kind of the wild
west to a degree. This is not some researcher coming to your shop,
disclosing an issue in your product, where you have the most expertise.
Kurt is typically assigning IDs to an absurd amount of third-party
libraries, many of which your company uses. Even if you don't know it.

So... welcome Kurt! I advocated for you to be on the board for almost
three years, and I apologize in advance. =)

.b

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: November 12, 2015