Re: nomination for the Editorial board: Kurt Siefried

So about 5 days later, a single person has voted.

I know at least one of the board are still using an @aol.com address, and
you may not have gotten the original mail yet... and a few of you are
still aghast that I am still posting, because I offend your delicate
sensibility.

But come on... in case you missed it, CVE is a cornerstone of the industry
to a degree. If the board has any merit, any influence, we need to take
our roles seriously. That means timely replies to such issues or votes.
Not the "you have to respond in a month or eight" crap we saw on the last
big vote (re: 10+ digit changes), where a few members still didn't vote.

What's up? Do you need more information on my nomination? Are you
unfamiliar with the oss-sec mail list and the pure volume of CVE
assignments Kurt dishes out every week? Can I answer questions you have?
Do you have reservations and are scared of me? Just speak up! Voice your
opinion, good or bad. It is your opinion... at least contribute to the
dialogue here.

If all this is a level of stress or drama you aren't willing to face, I
get it. We're all frayed at the ends after so much time in the industry.
So, kindly step down from the board. Problem solved! No shame, no hard
feelings. You did your time, you contributed to varying degrees (ranging
between 'about none' and 'pathetic' in my opinion, but still..).

Too busy? Step down. Not interested? Step down.

Basically... vote (with a reason if you say no), or step down. If you
actually CARE about the industry, this is a no brainer. If you ignore this
and stick around, while not contributing, then you are a malicious jackass
who wants to see the industry burn more than I do. And that my friends, is
a tall order.

.b