RE: CVE ID Syntax change - Round two vote results and comments

“Would a more complete

discussion of issuance strategies prior to the voting period have affected

the way you voted?”

Maybe, Maybe not. We haven’t had the discussion. I have my own thoughts and have expressed them on the list, and on some level I think a full discussion of all items relating to the choice of identifier should have occurred. To a small extent that happened, mostly through comments during the voting periods. Not sure if a full discussion would have even happened anyway since I don’t know how engaged everyone was until confronted with the need to make a choice (i.e. vote).

- 8 digit fixed ID field length of the revised Option A

  Voted for Option B both times and although it is not  our “perfect” choice, we can mostly live with it.

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014