CVE ID Syntax Change - Second Round Voting Ballot

FIRST CHOICE:  OPTION B

REASONS (first choice):

This option is preferred as it keeps the same syntax for a long
period of time; only when we do get more than 10,000 CVEs we need
to change and this leaves us more time to modify software to
deal with the change.

This option also has no limit and should help us at least until
we run into the Year 10,000 problem.

SECOND CHOICE: OPTION A

REASONS (second choice):

This option is not preferred as it is not user-friendly; above the 7 digits,
it becomes much harder for individuals to quickly count the number of
digits and properly transcribe it.

Casper

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014