Re: MITRE vote for CVE ID syntax

Resubmitted - with brief reasoning. Essentially my views match Steve's but for completeness (and so my vote gets counted..):

VOTING BALLOT

Sourcefire Vote

FIRST CHOICE: Option B

REASONS (first choice):

- Expandability means we will not need to return to this discussion again in the near future. The breadth allows for large volumes of entries.

- This format is more search engine friendly which matters to us as customers will generally take the ID when displayed within our products and produce searches on them.

- Extra runway for time allowance. Refactoring our UI's for CVE will take time and we will need it. The consistency for the first 10K give us that runway.

SECOND CHOICE: Option A

REASONS (second choice):

This is generally less attractive for me because it is less UI friendly. We cleave towards naming that is easy for our customers to consume and reference.