Re: CVE ID Syntax Vote - results and next steps

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:17:31 -0400
"Boyle, Stephen V." <sboyle@mitre.org> wrote:

> - Do you prefer fixed length or variable length?
fixed

> - If you prefer fixed length, what field length do you consider sufficient?

6.  Please note that none of the options presented so far is actually "future
proof" because the year could exceed 9999.  If we worry about exceeding
millions of IDs and more, we could also worry about year 10000.  So, I'd like
to propose another format where the year has 5 digits with a leading zero **

> - Any comment on Adam's suggestion of trailing zeros?

I'd like him to define what he means.

**: just kidding! ;)

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: October 03, 2014