Re: Sources: Full and Partial Coverage

On 2012-05-10 15:50 , Mann, Dave wrote:

> THE PRIMARY QUESTIONS WE'RE SEEKING GUIDANCE ON ARE:
> A) SHOULD ANY OF OUR SUGGESTED PARTIALLY COVERED SOURCES BE PROMOTED BACK TO FULLY COVERED STATUS?
> B) ARE THERE ANY OTHER SOURCES YOU BELIEVE SHOULD BE FULLY COVERED?

> SHOULD BE FULLY COVERED
> -----------------------

> US-CERT: Technical Cyber Security Alerts

These at the moment are often *not* providing any "OC" vulnerability
information.  Even if an Alert is a first public disclosure, the issue
will be covered by a Vulnerability Note (see below).  Suggest moving
this to "selective."

> SHOULD BE MONITORED BUT SELECTIVELY COVERED (being demoted)

> US-CERT: Vulnerability Notes [1]

Move this to "full."  Lots of these are first public disclosures, often
with CVE IDs from our CNA reserved pool.

 - Art

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: November 06, 2012