Re: [CVEPRI] Increasing numbers and timeliness of candidates

Steve,
Sorry for late response, have been traveling.  Timeliness is important,
especially now that CVE has become pretty well known not just in the
security community but by the "end users" as well.  I tend to agree with
the more frequent updates as opposed to the dump of many, it is easier to
coordinate and respond.

-mike

|---------+---------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Steven M. Christey"               |
|         |           <coley@LINUS.MITRE.ORG>            |
|         |           Sent by:                           |
|         |           owner-cve-editorial-board-list@list|
|         |           s.mitre.org                        |
|         |                                              |
|         |                                              |
|         |           05/02/2002 04:34 PM                |
|         |                                              |
|---------+---------------------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                    |
  |       To:       cve-editorial-board-list@lists.mitre.org                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: [CVEPRI] Increasing numbers and timeliness of candidates                                       |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

All,

I know that some Board members do not want to pipe up and say "me too"
if they agree with what other members have already said.

In this case, though, it is important enough that I would like to get
everyone's feedback, preferably on this list, but privately at the
least.

In a nutshell, it comes down to (a) do you believe that CVE timeliness
is important, (b) are you willing to live with a little more "noise"
as a result of improved timeliness, (c) are monthly updates frequent
enough, and (d) if not, then how frequent would you like the updates
to be?

Thanks,