Re: [CVEPRI] Handling new vulnerabilities discovered by Steve Christey

Alice discovers a vulnerability, and wants to tell Bob, but thinks Bob
may steal it.  As a cryptographer, I see an easy solution.  Alice
takes her description of the problem, hashes it, and publishes the
hash result in a widely archived forum.  (I'd suggest Bugtraq or
NTbugtraq, if their moderators are willing to let these through.)  If
Bob cheats, Alice publishes the file containing the description, and
anyone can see that she had that description when she published the
hash.

Now, this doesn't address the issue of Alice and Bob discovering the
same thing at the same time, but it ensures that Alice can demonstrate
that she had the information at some early time.

Adam

					               -Hume