Re: FINAL version of CyberCrime Treaty statement - ready for signatures

Pascal Meunier, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Research Scientist,
CERIAS

Note: Whereas you may have known me as a student at CERIAS, I have
just graduated and will stay with CERIAS as a research scientist.
The initials above are effective as of last Saturday.  It's good
timing for the signature :-).

At 4:44 PM -0400 5/16/00, Steven M. Christey wrote:
>All,
>
>The final version of the CyberCrime treaty statement is ready for your
>signature.
>
>Editorial Board members from 26 different organizations have voted to
>ACCEPT the statement, and expect to endorse it as individuals or as
>official representatives of their companies.  There are 28
>organizations on the Board at this time, so this clearly satisfies any
>"quorum" requirement.
>
>I made two small grammatical changes based on comments by Andre Frech
>and Jim Magdych, which means that I added three commas.  No other
>changes were made.  The final text is below.
>
>At MITRE, Gary Gagnon (a director in our Security and Information
>Operations division) is working on a strategy for conducting the
>outreach.  I expect that we will have a concrete approach, including a
>coordinator, in the next day or so.
>
>The next step is to gather the signatures from Editorial Board members
>so that we have a unified statement for the outreach.  I will gather
>the signatures for this initial effort.
Pascal Meunier
CERIAS, REC 211
Purdue University